8 to 10 oz Woodford Reserve (depending on your strength preference)
Mix all ingredient together in a large container with a lid. Freeze overnight. Take out and let sit on counter for a few minutes scrape out with an ice cream scoop or large spoon. (Picture below) Garnish with lemon slice
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
10 to 20 mint leaves of fresh mint
1. Make a simple syrup by adding sugar, water 10 to 15 mint leaves together and boil for five to 7 minutes. Cool and place in a covered container with the sprigs of fresh mint, then refrigerate overnight.
2. Now strain through a fine mesh strainer. You can also wait until the next day to strain the mint will be a bit stronger if you wait.
Full picture of Ice
2/3 to a 1 cup Mint Simple syrup (if you like it sweeter 1 cup)
4 to 6 ounces Jim Beam (4 oz is plenty in my opinion 6 oz will be strong)
May add to add a little water if it's to thick
1. Add ice, syrup, bourbon,and water blend until smooth
2. Pour in beaded metal julep cups or in our case.... 28 oz shaker cups.
3. Garnish with a sprig of Mint
I am not a heavy Bourbon drinker, so 4 ounces is plenty...